Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Just to give you all a quick update on Sawyer. His first doctor's appointment was on Monday. He weighed in at 6 lbs, but considering he was 5lbs 15ozs when we brought him home our Dr. said we need to fatten him up! Trust me, I am working on it. We were able to get rid of the biliblanket the day after we came home. His bili went from 12.4 to 7.0 and our Dr. said his color was great. Other than needing to gain a little weight, he is doing great! Marcus and I were just wondering if he is always going to be this easy, if so, Marcus says we are having 15...I told him more like 3. This babe eats about every three hours and at night is really easy to get back to sleep. During the day he is up and willing to chill in his bouncy seat and just look around. Of course, he gets plenty of holding from mom. Hard to resist the little guy! On Monday at his appointment I was given a prescription to help stimulate my milk production. It has been pretty slow going, which is beyond frustrating. I am barely keeping up and basically only able to get enough to supply his current feedings with nothing to freeze for later. I am sure it will get better, or at least that is what Marcus keeps telling me. We stopped into the Dr.'s yesterday to get another weight and good news, we have gained a few ounces. He currently is at 6lbs 3ozs and everyone at my Dr.'s is smitten with him! Well, while Sawyer is being his usual rock-star self, I seem to not be finished! Wednesday night while cleaning up the kitchen a little, (I made a mess making pies!) I noticed a few drops of something here and there. Turns out my incision from my c-section was draining. Off to acute care we went. Turns out my my incision is infected. I was given a shot of antibiotic in the butt, a written prescription for another antibiotic, and told to sit with a heating pad 3 times a day for about 15/20 mins to continue to allow it to drain. I was told to consult with my Dr. on Friday to see if there is anything else they would like me to do. Ugh...what a pain, however since this is Thanksgiving and a Thanksgiving post here is what I am thankful for. I am thankful to not be spending this holiday on bed rest in the hospital but rather to be spending it with my family. I am thankful for the most wonderful, loving, willing to pick up my slack, handle my crazy emotional post pregnancy persona husband in the world. Don't know how I would do it without him. I am thankful for all the family I will not be spending the holiday with, but are still the best family! I am thankful for my besties and that they are the other loves of my life. I am thankful to have them and their families as my extended family. I am thankful for all the people unable to spend this holiday with their families because they are allowing me to spend the holiday with mine. I am thankful for an amazing Dr. and his staff and wish them all the happiest of Thanksgivings! I hope this finds everyone well and for those traveling have save travels. I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving and I will continue to keep you updated!
Love,
Jo

1 comment: