Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Back to work

Well, January 30th came and I officially went back to work. I have to say I didn't do too bad. I got the kiddo up around 7 to get dressed and eat a little something, packed him up in his car seat and off to daycare we went. I thought there were going to be a lot of tears but I honestly did okay. With my survival kit in hand from the ladies at daycare (Kleenex, and some Hershey's hugs and kisses) I headed to the car and waited for the tears to come. What do you know, no tears! I couldn't believe it. Honestly day two was probably harder than day one. I told Marcus I agreed to go back to work, but not for how long...we never discussed day two! Well, here we are and it is week 2. Sawyer seems to be enjoying daycare and the wonderful ladies at Kidz World seem to be enjoying him. I am settling back into work nicely, and after 1 day, 900+ emails, two training classes, and review of release, I was back on the phone. For those of you that don't know what I do, I am technically classified as a Customer Service Rep for Precision Support. Precision is banking software, however I support much more than the software. I would say 50% of my job is helping with loan information, so I need to know a great deal on how loans work. This includes everything from insurance, collateral, escrow, FASB, interest methods and calculations, payment schedules, billing and payments, written off loans, etc. About 30% of my job is assisting with DDA/CDA information. About 10% of the time I get to balance GL's. Usually something gets posted incorrectly and I need to help the bank find their offage. December-May 5% of my job is Year End, mainly tax information such as correcting notices, preparing 5498's, IRA information, etc. In all actuality I would say 5% of my job is determining issues with the software, mainly error messages that may happen, something incorrect happened while working in Precision, etc. So, that being said work has been keeping me busy which makes my days go quick. It was definitely great to get back into a routine and equally as great to see all my friends at work on a regular basis. Speaking of routine, the last two nights Sawyer has been going down between 9-10 and sleeping till 6-6:30! I miss seeing my little man in the middle of the night, but 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep is totally wicked! I have started to slowly pick up the working out and aim to run at least the 5K Avera Breast Cancer Run. I ran the 10K last year, and mind you I was pregnant, but I don't know if my knee or hip can handle it again! Man I am getting old. This past weekend we took family pictures with Marcus's whole family, all 15 of us. We had 8 adults and 7 kids and no one had a meltdown! Not even the parents! The pictures turned out really nice, and we had a wonderful time! Next week we plan on going to the Hills snowmobiling, well if there is any snow. This means leaving Sawyer with Grandma Nanon starting Wednesday thru Sunday afternoon. I am not convinced I will make it very far down the road before I ask to be dropped back at home. I am sure that Grandma and Sawyer will have a wonderful time without mom and that Uncle Pat, Aunt Missy, and the cousins will be around as well, but I am still struggling with leaving him! One thing I am thankful for is that he is a little older than he originally would have been. In fact, not sure I would have gone if he would have been born in December! Keep your fingers crossed for me that I get in the vehicle Wednesday! Not much else to report at this time, but I will be back in a couple of weeks!
Jo 






No comments:

Post a Comment